Thursday, October 11, 2007

P.S.

Three things I forgot to mention about the Tilly concert:

1) They started the show with Jamie, the tap dancer, tapping a beat and then their drummer drumming the same beat. This beat matching/mimicking went on for about 5 minutes, without anyone else on stage or any other instruments. It was really cool.

2) Conor was there.

3) Numerous young girl fans were there, which was really cool to see. There was a large group of I would say 14-17 year olds in front of Kianna singing every song and dancing. At one point, she had to rely on them for the words of "Lost Girls" and they totally came through for her. They looked like they were having the time of their life, hanging on to every word. It was really pretty touching to watch.

Tonight I'm going to Wilco at the Orpheum, with Andrew Bird opening. Should be a good show. I've never seen either live, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll take some photos from my spot in the balcony and post them tonight or tomorrow.

Then this weekend is Minnesota! Tomorrow my sisters will be turning 19! Crazy! My mom and I leave tomorrow to visit and celebrate. Can't wait.

No comments: