Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nostalgic flashbacks





These were two of my favorite shows as a young child. Did anyone else watch these? I was having major flashbacks as I watched these intros. Both theme songs are amazing. Some of the instruments sound like they are dying in the Today's Special theme song. And check out the forward thinking graphic effects! A mannequin outlined and filled in with a galaxy then turns into a real man?! Thrilling! However, I was disappointed that the puppet parrot that eats crackers in the mall storage closet wasn't featured in the opening. Or did I just imagine that character?

Also, I came across a surprising and somewhat frightening discovery. Remember the show David the Gnome? I will post the opening below. I was always a bit freaked out by it. I never really trusted David or the fox, and I hated (and still do) that opening embrace between David and his gnome companion. Anyway, I was just re-watching the opening and guess what the last credit was (for executive producers in charge of the show)? None other than Harvey and Bob Weinstein. I feel tricked in some way. And more weirded out now.

No comments: