Monday, August 20, 2007

So much to blog about.

I just started a new job. I am teaching some classes at Metropolitan Community College here in Omaha. My classes are in the Digital Cinema department, and my students are High School students that get college credit for the class. Classes for Digital Cinema start September 4th. This week, however, I am teaching a two week Career Planning class. Yes, you heard it right. Career Planning. What exactly does that mean? You probably have as good of an idea as I do. I had my first day today. We had introductions and all that. I think it went pretty well. I am really excited to start teaching the Cinema classes though, a topic that I actually know something about and am excited and passionate about.

In other news, Laura came to Omaha to visit. Much fun was had. Details and photos to come.

Jamie, Laura and I saw and The Devil Came On Horseback, a really great documentary. I want to blog more about that, but in the meantime you can go to SaveDarfur.org and contact those in Washington to pressure them into taking action!

A group of us also saw Superbad. I liked it. I could have a lot to say, but I don't know if I'll find the time to really expand on my thoughts. I thought it was overall pretty funny, but I had issues with it. I loved Michael Cera in it (as always), and just wish it would've used more of his kind of subtle, more sophisticated, intelligent, quirky, off-the-wall, awkward, and humor from pacing and cadence rather than more of the easy, dumb jokes.

And check out this serious bruise from racquetball. There's one on my elbow too, but it's hard to take a photo of your own elbow. And it's not as hardcore as this one. Us serious players sacrifice our body. Or just fly into walls by accident. It's a dangerous sport.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

That bruise looks like an uncooked chicken breast fillet. I just thought I'd mention that. Also, do you have a specific color coordinated racquetball outfit? If not, I think you should leave the sport altogether. I mean, why even try?

Lindsay said...

That is a pretty gross comment. You're lucky I haven't eaten any chicken lately. I did however have both a steak and a brat for dinner.

Only losers wear color coordinated racquetball outfits. That was so last year.

Jeff said...

I guess I'm a loser.