Friday, August 24, 2007

Addendum to the conundrum

My resident genius friend Alex has given me additional, crucial information, and thus, as a conscious citizen, I pass it along to you: "Using warm water to brush your teeth might not be great for you and the environment. Warm water means that it has been in the hot water heater. Water heaters contain weird metals that can corrode into the water. In general, people don't consume water from the hot water heater; it is usually used for showers, washing hands + laundry. Brushing teeth doesn't mean that you really consume much water, but it might not be bad to avoid."

Thank you, Alex. I hope you don't mind me posting this (sorry I'm impatient).

To keep the trend going, I will try to offer another helpful hint over the weekend, or as I see fit.

1 comment:

laura h said...

but who is this mystery alex? you could boil water in a tea kettle, assuring that it was really hot and chemical-free...though that would require electricity/gas so is it really a wash (pun intended)?