Sunday, June 22, 2008

reading in the capital

I'm backtracking here, but last Wednesday Cody and I went to Lincoln to some free panels offered by the Lincoln Writer's Conference. The first panel was on getting the inspiration to write, the second one was on pop culture and viral epidemics (or something). At night some talented writers gave readings (featured below): Curtis Sittenfeld (Prep), Sean Wilsey (Oh the Glory of it All and McSweeneys editor-at-large) and Meghan Daum (My Misspent Youth and Saturday columns in the L.A. Times).

It was really good to hear a bunch of people talk about writing. It got me re-inspired and re-energized to write.

We also visited some historical Lincoln sites.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are my glasses always crooked? that was a fun day!

Lindsay said...

I don't think your glasses look crooked - I think it's just your pose.