Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Fiery Furnaces

This is a gravely inadequate post, but I just want to say that I saw The Fiery Furnaces the other night and they were amazing and now I can't stop listening to them. They are an extremely talented and intriguing band live. I saw Mates of State on Saturday and they were pretty awesome too. Their new album Re-Arrange Us is really good and poppy and the songs and bits of lyrics are guaranteed to stay in head for days. The past couple of days I've woken up with pieces of their songs in my head...like the moment I woke up. That's how catchy it is.

In downer news, Little Couch had a less than impressive showing at pub quiz tonight. In fact, we were so embarrassed that we used a pseudonym. We'll bounce back next week with a best ever score!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we didn't do to well on the Kennedy or Golden Girls portion of the quiz.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fB0_vJUc3o4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1uS5b8aQ6z8

It has to be the same voice actor.

Ha, I am an idiot! More than meets the eye!

Patrick said...

You're welcome to call me re: any pub quiz question as there is quite a bit of useless trivia floating around in my head...especially sports. :-)

Lindsay said...

Yeah, you could definitely help us out in the sports section...we're not the strongest there.

However, they are pretty clear on the no calling or texting issue. But you've got an open invitation to join our team when you're in Omaha!