Monday, March 10, 2008

Tilly show

I saw UUVVWWZ, Thunder Power!!! and Tilly and the Wall last night at The Waiting Room. All three bands were pretty awesome. How can you not completely enjoy yourself at a Tilly show? Sadly, I forgot my camera last night, so no photos or videos, but I'm sure Omahype will have some posted soon, so I'll put a link up when they do. The only disappointment was that Tilly didn't play their new song Too Excited, which I love. They played some other new ones though, probably about 4 or 5. I'm a little mixed on them. Beat Control was really fun and danceable live. It seems like the vocals are really emphasized in the new ones, and there is less layering of the vocals and some of the sounds. But they still sounded good. I'm anxious to hear the album. Though some haven't had the same impact upon first listen like some of the other Tilly songs have, I trust them and think it's cool that they're exploring different avenues.

It was my first time seeing UUVVWWZ, a band from Lincoln that I've been wanting to see for a little while now. They were pretty rad. I think I'd be even more into it had I heard any of the songs before (besides like once on MySpace), but it made me want to hear them more, which is a really good thing. The guitarist is pretty amazing. Their sound reminds me a little of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...not a ton, but a little, and I'm not drawing comparisons based on their extroverted female lead singers.

Thunder Power!!! also sounded good last night. They played a new song that was upbeat and catchy. There was a good crowd for both opening bands, which is always nice to see.

No show for me tonight, I'm super swamped with work. I shouldn't even be taking this break to write this post. Back to slaving away...

No comments: