Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Golden Gophers

I visited Minneapolis for the first time this past weekend. It was a family trip. We accomplished a lot in a short amount of time: Rilo concert, Tigers vs. Twins game (in person), Nebraska vs. USC game (on TV), a trip to Trader Joe's, a tour of the University of Minnesota campus (where my sisters are currently matriculating), some shopping, and more. Fun times were had by all. Since it was such a fun-filled weekend, I may have to dedicate a few posts to the trip. I'll start with some photos of the city/campus.



The bridge that connects the West Bank (where my sisters live) to the East Bank (where their classes are). At least it has a pretty view. Maybe not so pretty when it's 40 below.



On the left of the photo is a piece of the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum, designed by Frank Gehry.



Ultimate frisbee, the ultimate college pastime.



Jamie and Erin present Middlebrook, their dorm.




The club Jamie and Erin are hoping they are cool enough to join.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I must admit Jamie and my jumping in excitement for dorm living IS a little overeager...

Lindsay said...

I agree.

Hey, have they let you in the Walken Appreciation Society yet?