Monday, February 23, 2009

Lindsay & Moskowitz (and friends)



This is from a screening a few weeks ago of Cassavetes' Minnie and Moskowitz at Film Streams, with Seymour Cassel in person for a post-show Q & A. Seymour was as charming as ever and told many great stories about his experiences making films and being great friends with John and talked a bit about his work with Wes Anderson. I had never seen the film before, and it was great to see it on the big screen.

Seymour as Moskowitz is vivacious, unpredictable and a thrill to watch (and he sports some pretty sweet sideburns and mustache - see below). The film also solidified that Gena Rowlands is indeed one of my all-time favorite actresses.

I always seem to leave Cassavetes films inspired and itching to make a film, and those for me are the best movie-watching experiences. I enjoy a lot of films, but there aren't too many that come along that really give me that feeling that I really want to and almost have to make a movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.