Monday, April 21, 2008

Zoo article

This article I wrote on the Omaha Zoo's conservation efforts was published in last Thursday's issue of The Reader. It was part of their "sustainability guide", to coincide with Earth Day.

I couldn't fit the first page on the scanner, so you can read the whole article online here, but I still wanted to post a visual reference. Also, I took the tiger photo and the photo on the third page of the article. Mai is pretty adorable, isn't she? And she gets around very well on three legs.



2 comments:

Patrick said...

I didn't notice the tiger only had 3 legs till you mentioned it. I was hoping there would be a picture of you petting the tiger...:-) with your speed, I'm sure you could have gotten away from a 3-legged tiger.

laura h said...

linds, i love this article. your best yet. this is such an interesting and important subject and i am sort of shocked at how little i know about it (esp since i want to know about all the environmental, planet-saving efforts going on). thanks for introducing me to it! i want to learn more about it now and i'll really try to think of zoos in a different light. but don't you still feel pretty bad for the animals even if there existence as viewing objects does raise funds for a really important scientific cause?